Editors ensure the written quality of print and online publications. Their duties might include reading manuscripts, making sure that a writer's formatting fits for guidelines, correcting grammatical or factual errors and making suggestions for improvement. They may also be responsible for selecting articles or manuscripts for publication, assisting with design layout and overseeing other aspects of publication.
Your primary role as Review Editor is to referee the peer-reviews of submitted manuscripts. Review Editors are the referees of manuscripts during the peer-review process. They are responsible for certifying the validity and accuracy of publications, and for helping authors to improve the quality of their research.
Guidelines to be followed
- To improve the ways of journal processes, the editor should actively seek the views of editorial board members, reviewers, authors
- Encourage research into peer review, technological advances and reassess journal processes in the light of new discoveries
- SM Online Journals welcomes their editor's suggestions in providing appropriate resources, guidance from experts to perform the publisher's role in a professional manner and improve the quality of the journal
- Encourage initiatives designed to prevent research misconduct and educate researchers about publication ethics
- Encourages submission of quality articles to the journal by personally recruiting authors, assisting them with outreach, and ensuring the marketing plan is executed
- Should determine whether a submitted manuscript is appropriate for the journal
- Recruit high profile reviewers using multiple sources, e.g., personal recommendations, Web databases, published choice review
- Should monitor the process of peer review and take steps to ensure this is of high standard
- Communicate with reviewers as regularly as possible, according to their availability and give them clear instructions in maintaining quality of the journal
- The originality of article submissions and to be alert to redundant publication and plagiarism
- Recommend acceptance or rejection of the articles considered for publication to the journal Editor
- Should be able to resolve any conflicts
Article Acceptance/Rejection If the Review Editors are satisfied with the authors' efforts at amending the manuscript, they then briefly finalize their Interactive Review Reports.
Once a manuscript is accepted, the authors receive an automated notification informing them of the acceptance and the provisional PDF will instantly appear online.
Being an editor, he/she should carry out their responsibilities with much dedication to improve the quality of the journal. It is advisable to oversee the journal policies time to time and assisting the publisher in maintaining the journal's quality towards serving the scientific community.